bnewsid

ASITA Bali Denies Member Involvement in Minibus Crash, Highlights the Illegal Travel Agencies

ASITA Bali Chairman Putu Winastra
ASITA Bali Chairman Putu Winastra

BNEWS.ID – Association of the Indonesian Tours and Travel Agencies (ASITA) in Bali has confirmed that none of its members were responsible for handling the group of Chinese tourists involved in a fatal accident in Buleleng Regency last week.

A Toyota Hiace minibus carrying 13 Chinese tourists plunged into a ravine after losing control in Banjar Dinas Prabakula, Padang Bulia Village, Sukasada District, early Friday (14/11) around 04.30 WITA. Five passengers were killed, while eight others sustained injuries.

ASITA Bali Chairman Putu Winastra expressed deep concern over the tragedy, stressing that incidents involving tourists can severely damage Bali’s tourism service image.

“Factually, the accident was not handled by a licensed driver or an authorized travel agent. This is an important reminder for the government to reevaluate tourism industry governance, especially in relation to travel agents,” Winastra said.

He emphasized the need for all non-Bali and overseas travel agents to work in partnership with local operators. Even online platforms, he added, must collaborate with licensed Balinese agencies when managing tourist groups.

“We urge that ASITA-registered travel agents be designated as official partners, both for domestic and international operators. When incidents occur, it is the reputation of local travel agents that is affected,” said Winastra, who also serves as the Honorary Consul of Kazakhstan in Bali.

ASITA Bali further encouraged the inclusion of this requirement in upcoming regional regulations, making cooperation with local agents mandatory. Following an internal inspection led by ASITA Bali’s China Committee, the association reaffirmed that the operator managing the ill-fated group was neither a member nor affiliated with ASITA.

See also  Ministry of Tourism Clarifies Revision of Tourism Law, Affirms Inclusivity and Industry Involvement

Based on police findings, ASITA plans to use this case to push the government to include provisions requiring foreign tour operators to partner with licensed local travel agencies that are ASITA members.

Winastra added that ASITA remains committed to working with the government to improve Bali’s tourism management. However, he highlighted ongoing concerns over unlicensed operators who continue to violate regulations, including Regional Regulation No. 5 of 2020 on Tourism Standardization in Bali.

“We urge the government to ensure that illegal operators and online platforms are required to obtain proper permits and join ASITA during the formulation of new regulations,” he concluded.

ASITA expressed regret over the presence of unauthorized operators who continue to disregard regulations, ultimately tarnishing the reputation of Bali’s tourism industry. (*)

2 MIN READ

Discussion (0)

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Breaking News

BNEWS.ID – A 54-year-old woman from Jakarta, Maharani Aisyah Rasyid, has once...

BNEWS.ID – A confrontation between a foreign national and local construction workers...

BULELENG, BNEWSID — The search for a teenager who drowned at Mengening...

BNEWS.ID – Association of the Indonesian Tours and Travel Agencies (ASITA) in...

Popular Hashtags

[top_tags limit="5" days="30"]

Most Comments

Up next

Maharani Aisyah Rasyid presented by police following her arrest in the shop rental fraud case.

BNEWS.ID – A 54-year-old woman from Jakarta, Maharani Aisyah Rasyid, has once again found herself facing the law after allegedly scamming multiple prospective shop tenants in Denpasar and Badung. She...

Foreign National and Construction Worker Clash in Suluban Area.

BNEWS.ID – A confrontation between a foreign national and local construction workers in the Suluban Beach area, Pecatu, South Kuta, Badung, went viral on social media on Sunday (23/11/2025). The...

Search and rescue personnel evacuate the body of the teenage victim from Mengening Waterfall.

BULELENG, BNEWSID — The search for a teenager who drowned at Mengening Waterfall has come to a tragic end. The joint SAR team discovered the victim, 15-year-old Gede Angga Putra...

Body found hanging in Sanur swamp area, evacuation faces difficult terrain.

BNEWS.ID – Residents were startled after the discovery of a body found hanging in the swamp area of Embung Sanur on Thursday (13/11/2025). The grim finding was first reported by...