bnewsid

Police Investigate Clash Involving Foreign National at Suluban Construction Site

Foreign National and Construction Worker Clash in Suluban Area.
Foreign National and Construction Worker Clash in Suluban Area.

BNEWS.ID – A confrontation between a foreign national and local construction workers in the Suluban Beach area, Pecatu, South Kuta, Badung, went viral on social media on Sunday (23/11/2025). The circulating videos showing a heated argument escalating into a physical altercation quickly drew public attention and prompted an immediate response from the police.

Denpasar City Police Public Relations Chief, Kompol I Ketut Sukadi, confirmed that officers have initiated an investigation into the viral incident.

“Officers responded to the report, conducted an on-site inspection, secured the involved parties, and collected witness statements for further process,” said Kompol Sukadi.

Chronology of the Incident

According to witness testimony, the altercation occurred around 9:30 a.m. WITA on Sunday, November 23, 2025, at a construction site behind Mamo Hotel on Jalan Pantai Suluban, Pecatu. The conflict reportedly began when the foreign national identified as MD (29), from the United States, arrived at the site speaking loudly while recording the workers with his phone.

Victim NKRS (47) told police that the same foreigner had previously poured diesel on heavy equipment two days earlier. On the day of the incident, MD allegedly returned to the site and touched the victim’s cheek, triggering a reaction from the workers who felt provoked by his behavior.

The situation escalated into a verbal confrontation followed by a physical fight.

“MD left the scene but returned carrying a blunt wooden stick and a sharp weapon resembling a machete. He allegedly struck the victim, causing him to fall and suffer dizziness and injuries,” Sukadi explained.

Another witness, Damami Amik Wijayanto (45), reported seeing the foreigner shouting from the hotel before approaching the construction area. After an earlier argument where he was struck by a worker, MD reportedly reappeared with a sharp weapon and attacked the victim, causing him to collapse. Workers immediately fled upon seeing the weapon.

See also  Governor Koster Leads Bali’s “Gotong Royong Semesta Berencana” to Strengthen Ecological Resilience

Condition of the Victim and the Foreigner

The victim sustained dizziness and abrasions on his elbow and knee from falling after being struck. Meanwhile, MD also suffered a laceration above his left ear and abrasions on his knee and elbow.

Police investigators are facing challenges due to the unavailability of a certified interpreter required to accompany the questioning of the foreign national. Authorities are currently awaiting medical examination results, conducting case analysis, and completing investigative procedures.

Kompol Sukadi emphasized, “This case is being handled in accordance with procedures by the South Kuta Police. Medical examinations for both the victim and the foreigner have been conducted, including urine tests, which came back negative.”

The case remains under further investigation by the Criminal Investigation Unit of Denpasar City Police. (*)

3 MIN READ

Discussion (0)

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Breaking News

BNEWS.ID – A 54-year-old woman from Jakarta, Maharani Aisyah Rasyid, has once...

BNEWS.ID – A confrontation between a foreign national and local construction workers...

BULELENG, BNEWSID — The search for a teenager who drowned at Mengening...

BNEWS.ID – Association of the Indonesian Tours and Travel Agencies (ASITA) in...

Popular Hashtags

[top_tags limit="5" days="30"]

Most Comments

Up next

Maharani Aisyah Rasyid presented by police following her arrest in the shop rental fraud case.

BNEWS.ID – A 54-year-old woman from Jakarta, Maharani Aisyah Rasyid, has once again found herself facing the law after allegedly scamming multiple prospective shop tenants in Denpasar and Badung. She...

Search and rescue personnel evacuate the body of the teenage victim from Mengening Waterfall.

BULELENG, BNEWSID — The search for a teenager who drowned at Mengening Waterfall has come to a tragic end. The joint SAR team discovered the victim, 15-year-old Gede Angga Putra...

ASITA Bali Chairman Putu Winastra

BNEWS.ID – Association of the Indonesian Tours and Travel Agencies (ASITA) in Bali has confirmed that none of its members were responsible for handling the group of Chinese tourists involved...

Body found hanging in Sanur swamp area, evacuation faces difficult terrain.

BNEWS.ID – Residents were startled after the discovery of a body found hanging in the swamp area of Embung Sanur on Thursday (13/11/2025). The grim finding was first reported by...